Oxfam, a confederation of 18 affiliate organisations, is committed to ridding the world of poverty. We believe that people are capable of building sustainable livelihoods to overcome poverty on their own, once given the chance to do so. This is why we support local projects in developing countries and strengthen local organisations, lobby companies and governments to take into account the interests of the poorest people and campaign locally and internationally for fairpolicies. As a confederation, we work together to increase the impact of our long term development and humanitarian responses.
Oxfam Novib is looking for a
Head of Programs (h/f) (100%)
Duty station : Bujumbura, Burundi
Team Purpose (Program team)
• Is responsible to support the CD with the strategic development, management and implementation of the country program.
• Supports Oxfam’s impact locally, regionally, continentally and globally through ensuring program alignment to the key strategic objectives and program standards.
• Supports resource mobilization
• Ensures that the promotion of women’s rights is at the heart of all Oxfam in Burundi’s program work
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience (minimum 5 years in a similar role) of development programs, humanitarian response and advocacy and campaigning.
• Knowledge of capacity building, learning and development activities and how to create a learning and sharing environment with a strong knowledge management basis
• Politically astute, with a good understanding of key external organisations, how they operate and make decisions and a profound knowledge of the country development context in Burundi
• Commitment to and knowledge of creating a partner-led operational environment, with an ability to create an internal Oxfam approach that is focussed on developing and supporting partner organisations to achieve direct impact and results relating to Oxfam’s objectives
• Knowledge of and experience in working with donors
• Financial management and budget evaluation and preparation
• Influencing experience and ability to develop organisational networks and associations
• Experience in managing humanitarian and development programs
• Previous overseas work experience, ideally with non-governmental organizations and Oxfam would be an advantage.
• Excellent written and verbal French and English language skills
How to apply
Does this job interest you ? Send your application, including a cover letter and curriculum vitae with 3 references to the attention of the Country Director Oxfam Burundi, reference number BUR/HOP/170718 to the following email email@example.com, before August 1, 2017, 17.00 hours. The job profile is available on request at the same email address.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.