• Check for accuracy and completeness of all necessary attachments on payment documents
• Reviews payment requests and make appropriate recommendations
• Review and monitor all program expenses against the budget.
• Prepares weekly reports and submits to the Accountant for consolidation
• Inputs income and expenditure transactions into the cashbook
• Performs bank, stock, supplier and general ledger account reconciliations
• Monthly management accounts preparation
• Discuss variances with the SBU Manager and take corrective action
• Prepare annual budgets and forecasts for the SBU
• Assist the Manager SBU to prepare the Business Plan for the SBU
• Assist auditors by providing information needed to conduct their tasks
• Any other duties and reports as assigned by manager or head office
Qualifications and competencies
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance and or Business Administration or any related field
• Proficiency in Sage Pastel or Pastel Partner an added advantage
• A passion for working with children and youths.
• Experience working in an Accounting and Finance environment.
• Good communication and negotiating skills. Able to communicate in English and French
• Good report writing skills.
• Good time management skills.
• Clean Drivers licence an added advantage.
NB : Foreign applicants should have a permit to work in Burundi.
Please apply to : email@example.com indicating “Finance Officer -
Burundi” in the subject area. Send your CV and motivation letter.
Closing date for all applications is 18 November 2016.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be responded to.